Monday, June 27, 2011

Hiking in Seoul: Yongmasan

I like hiking in Korea. But now that I'm a Seoulite, it is a bit more difficult for me to make it out of the city on the weekends, whereas before, Suraksan was right in my backyard when I lived in Uijeongbu.

Earlier this month, however, my friend Breda and I climbed Yongmasan, which is a mere 15 minute subway ride away from my neighborhood in East Seoul.

After hiking past some admittedly man-made looking waterfalls:

there were many nice panoramic views of the city to be seen.


Naturally, I had to take a picture on the summit proper:


SO
If you are looking for a short hike (2 hours) that isn't rammed with hikers like the much more famous Namsan, I'd highly recommend checking out Yongmasan (on line 7, look for Yongmasan Station).

No comments:

Post a Comment