Sunday, May 1, 2011

꽃보다 남자: Boys Before Flowers

If I've been a little bit light on posting lately, it is because all of my free Internet time is currently being consumed by the Korean drama Boys Before Flowers, which was really, really popular in Korea when I first arrived in 2009.


The cast. HOTTIES (Source)

The show is based on a Japanese manga--it is about an average, working class girl named Jan Di who gets a scholarship to Shinwa High School, a private school for Seoul's super-rich. She send up falling in with the "F4"--the four hottest, richest dudes at school. Naturally, love triangles galore, amnesia, bar fights, vacations to Macau, and lots of sappy music ensue.

The show is pretty stupid--much like American soap operas. But the actors are HOT HOT HOT, the Korean is simple enough that I can understand most of what is going on, and there's a lot of interesting plot devices/character interactions/settings that are very, very Korean.

DID I MENTION THE ACTORS ARE SOOOOO HOT I AM SO IN LOVE WITH LEE MIN HO IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY:


I'm really enjoying watching this show while I have some downtime at school during mid-term exams. I usually stream the show from two awesome sites: DramaCrazy.net and Mysoju.com. They also have TONS of other Korean and Japanese dramas/movies that you can stream for free. It's a pretty fun way to desk warm/"study" Korean^^

No comments:

Post a Comment