Monday, April 5, 2010

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

This weekend, I went with my meetup group to the port city of Jinhae for the Jinhae Cherry Blossom Festival.







Jinhae is far away--5.5 hours by train one way from Seoul--a mite bit grueling for a day trip. However, it was nice to be in a different part of Korea/hang out with a bunch of my friends on a train for an excessively long time/be outside whilest not wearing a puffy coat.

Insert metaphor about seasons changing/things blooming/lots of changes happening at work here. Ed Teacher from Indiana arrived a few weeks ago to replace Katherine, and is already proving to be an awesome co-worker. I like to think of myself as Baby Edward's Swaton Mother--showing him around, taking him to eat, enlightening him to (some) of the ways of the Korea. Though it gives me a bit of an ego boost, having Ed around also reminds me that not too long ago, I was in his same situation--fumbling with chopsticks and struggling to learn the alphabet.


Look at Baby Edward! Eatin' 부대찌개 like a pro. Young Grasshopper is (probably) learning faster than I did

This week, a new Irish couple will arrive to replace Mark and Alex Teacher(s), who will complete their contract(s) next week and will leave to go to Thailand/Cambodia for a month before returning to Canada. It is sure to be a tumultuous week, which will probably end with me crying at booze-soaked Swaton Goodbye/Welcome Party. I am poised to become the 2nd most senior foreign teacher at school, which is a strange feeling, to say the least...

1 comment:

  1. awwwe ...
    young madeline grasshopper has evolved to show her own young grasshopper the ropes. does this make me a swaton grandmother?

    ReplyDelete