Monday, February 8, 2010

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

Though
a) I don't really get that much enjoyment out of 'Murican football (thanks, eight years of marching band, for ruining all things associated with pomp/spirit at sporting events)
b) I definitely didn't/will not watch any of the Super Bowl today

I am still delighted to hear that New Orleans won. It is strange to think that at this time last year, I was there, interviewing for what I thought was my dream job, teaching in the New Orleans charter school system. I still daydream frequently about sticky Southern heat/humidity. Southern food and nightswimming in various bodies of freshwater. And I'm reminded of the South in general, every time I look at my silly 'ole Fleur-di-lis in the mirror, tattooed on the back of my neck.

Someday, I would like to live there. Though I'm not so sure when/how that will happen...

1 comment:

  1. the fleur-de-lis is also the symbol for the province of quebec ... so you could live there, too.

    ReplyDelete