Tuesday, February 2, 2010

K-Pop Videos for the Wintertimez

It's been awhile since I've posted any music on here (as in approximately three weeks or so, TOO LONG). Here are some gems that are currently popular right now...

First up, girl group After School. I like this song, which is good, because I hear it at least once a day. I am also a little intrigued by the weird girl-on-girl hair-washing in the bathtub/hugging in the car/pillow fight moments that occur about halfway in here...could I be detecting a bit of pseudo-gayness (a la Brown Eyed Girls and their fake-lesbian kiss in this previously posted gem)? Probably not. There is some pony-tailed dude lurking around in the background the entire time, after all--affirming to even me, the dumb non-Korean-speaking foreigner, that this is indubitably about a hetero relationship and IS THEREFORE A-OK!(For far better observations on what it's like to be gay/queer in Korea, I recommend this post from The Korean's fabulous blog.)


Here's another great one from U-Kiss, noteworthy for its awesomely choreographed hand-to-chest-slapping dance. Which is oft-imitated by my third graders, who sometimes throw in pelvic thrusts, too. I'm eternally grateful to these guys, if only because they've ensured my students all understand the meaning of the phrase "bad girl".


Finally, we have what is without a doubt the most annoying song I've ever heard in my life. I am not exaggerating. I was also a little horrified to discover that there are in fact two versions of this music video--a "sexy" versions and a "cute" version. BEING THE PRUDE THAT I AM, OF COURSE I WENT WITH THE CUTE VERSION

No comments:

Post a Comment